Harrisons Ceramic Seed Feeder
Easy to fill
Easy to clean
For over a century the Harrison’s name has been synonymous with the production of the highest quality animal feeds. Originally suppliers to the farming industry, Walter Harrison & Sons now concentrate on cleaning and blending finest quality ingredients to produce a wide range of bird seeds, pigeon corns and small animal feeds.
With generations of accumulated experience, Harrison’s nutritionists produce unique mixtures for either general or breed-specific use and are major suppliers to the UK pet trade. Additionally, a comprehensive range of treats and accessories are also available within the following Harrison brands.
Garden Friends - Wild bird diets, treats and accessories.
Feathered Friends - Small and large cage bird diets, treats and accessories.
Furry Friends - Small animal diets, treats and accessories.
Pride of The Mill - Coop and yard bird diets.
Feeding & Hygiene Tips
-The BTO and RSPB recommend wild birds are fed all year round.
- Requirements are greater in late autumn and winter when natural resources are in shorter supply.
- High energy levels are also needed during spring when birds are busy breeding and raising young.
- Birds lose energy maintaining body temperature overnight, so a good breakfast is essential to set them up for the day.
- Once you have established a feeding regime don’t disappoint them, they will depend on you.
- Establish several feeding areas and move them regularly to avoid bacterial build up.
- Consider predators when selecting suitable feeding sites, set table and feeder heights accordingly and make sure birds feeding on the ground have a good line of sight.
- Store all foods in a cool, dry place.
- Be aware that ground feeding stations can attract rodents.
- Feed little and often.
- Replace old or wet food to prevent build up of bacteria or mould, particularly on table and ground feeding stations.
- Clean feeding stations regularly with a safe disinfectant.
- Always wash your hands after handling bird products.
No posts found