Dog owner left with one limb after dog bite
Christine Caron, owner of her four beloved dogs has been left with only one limb left after her Shih Tzu gave her a small bite and she allowed one of her other three dogs to lick her wound. Three days after the dog bite, Christine went into septic shock after the wound became infected.
Once being admitted to hospital doctors were forced to put her into an induced coma for six weeks whilst the septic shock caused her blood flow to become restricted to her limbs and unfortunately doctors had to amputate both legs and one of her arms.
Christine is currently waiting for surgery for skin grafts for her hand in hope it will regain movement and she is expected to stay at the rehabilitee centre for a further six months recovering from her operations and ensuring she doesn’t get any further infections.
The mother of four children and four dogs has said to be in good spirits after waking up from her coma saying she wants to live for her children as they need her. She then has warned others to get checked out by doctors if you are bitten by a dog whether it is your own or not.
Dog and cat saliva contains Capnocytophaga canimorsus however it is usually not harmful to healthy adults and this is nothing but a sad tragedy.
If you have been bitten by a dog recently, no matter how small the bite is, it is imperative that you get seen by a doctor.