Have a great Easter holiday
Easy Animal will be closed from 5pm Thursday 17th April until 9am Tuesday 22nd April for the Easter Holiday. We have had a very busy few weeks and hope all of our loyal customers have a great Easter weekend however please bear in mind Easter is only for humans and not for dogs.
Please refrain from giving your dog any amount of chocolate this weekend even as a treat as it can cause devastating effects. LV pet insurance have pet owners claims almost double during periods such as Easter or Chocolate from either treating their dogs or their dogs managing to find chocolate in the house.
The toxicity within chocolate is because within cocoa beans there is a natural chemical called Theobromine. Theobromine is harmless to humans and we digest it easily whereas dog’s digestive systems simply can’t handle it and has serious effects from their nervous system.
Even the smallest amount of chocolate can be fatal to a dog of any size so please do not think you are treating them by giving them chocolate. Instead please purchase special dog treats or special dog chocolate.
Symptoms of chocolate poisoning can begin from quicker breathing and vomiting to your dog having a seizure. If you believe your dog may have eaten chocolate it is best to take them to a vet immediately.
We hope you all get out with your dogs and have happy and fun Easter break!